10 TIPS ON HIRING A LOUISIANA
DUI LAWYER OVER THE TELEPHONE
When you need legal services, it most often starts with a telephone call. The lawyer will most likely want to meet you in person; however should you wish to hire a lawyer over the telephone, these are the questions that should be asked:
- How long have you been in practice?
- What part of your practice is devoted to the Defense of DWI
- In what part of the state of Louisiana (or Surrounding
States) do you usually practice?
- Have you tried DWI cases in the Appallate
Courts to define or promote DWI defense?
- How many City and Parish Court DWI's have
- How many DWI jury trials have you tried?
- Have you presented Seminars on DWI defense
to other Attorneys or taught Attorneys how to defend DWI's?
- Are you trained/certified in the use of the Intoxilizer
5000, The Breath Test, machine used in DWI cases?
- Are you trained/certified in the use of field sobriety tests
such as The Walk and Turn, the One Legged Stand, or the Eye
- Do you have sufficient staff and experts to investigate AND
pursue my case in ALL Courts?
In addition, check the lawyer out in the community, as often times the lawyers reputation will speak louder than anything else. The lawyer should also handle your case personally, not through an assistant unless it is a preliminary matter or the assistant is thoroughly trained in DWI defense.
Always ask the lawyer for background information. This should be freely given. Inital consultations should be without charge; however, good lawyers are generally expensive in defending criminal matters.
I am available for office consultations. Please feel free to call 1-888-DWI-DR79 (394-3779) to schedule your appointment today.